Morehead Planetarium & Science Center
The historic Morehead Planetarium, the first planetarium on a college campus in the U.S., trained astronauts for NASA. Today, Morehead offers behind-the-scenes views of current science research through activities and programs for the entire family. Its GlaxoSmithKline Fulldome Theater is the largest fulldome digital video planetarium on a college campus in the world. Please note the permanent displays and exhibits are closed until early 2020.
- Description: Accessibility is limited. Please refer to their website for complete details. Hours may change during holidays
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- Charge for Parking:
- Gift Shop:
- Restrooms On-site:
- Admission Information: Adults, $7.68; Seniors & Children $6.51 (tax included). If you see more than one planetarium show in a day, the second and all subsequent planetarium shows are $3
- Description A beautiful and unique space. The State Dining Room has hosted UNC-Chapel Hill's most honored visitors. the dining area is both elegant and intimate, with a crystal chandelier casting a warm glow on dark paneling and new plush carpet. Glass enclosed Terraces extend from the dining area through the South and North doorways providing views of Franklin Street and campus.
- Largest Room 1500
- Total Sq. Ft. 4300
- Reception Capacity 250
- Space Notes In order to book the State Dining Room you must become an individual supporter of Morehead Planetarium and Science Center and donate $2500. There is also a room rental fee. However, combined cost is very affordable for a Chapel Hill unique venue. Not available weekdays during the summer. Must use approved caterer list.
- Banquet Capacity 150
- Number of Rooms 3