Morehead Planetarium & Science Center
The historic Morehead Planetarium, the first planetarium on a college campus in the U.S., trained astronauts for NASA. Today, Morehead offers behind-the-scenes views of current science research through activities and programs for the entire family. Recently remodeled (2020/2021), the all-new Morehead Planetarium and Science Center embodies the process of discovery, reimagined! All guests are treated to state-of-the-art exhibits and a revamped slate of shows. With discounted tickets for groups of 10 or more, bring your friends and family to experience what the new Morehead has to offer!
- Gift Shop:
- Parking Information: pay parking on-site
- Charge for Parking:
- Restrooms On-site:
- Admission Information: Adults, $14.95 + tax; Seniors (60+) & Students $13.95 + tax and Children (3-12) $12.95 + tax. If you see more than one planetarium show in a day, the second and all subsequent planetarium shows are $3
- Description: Hours may change during holidays
- Hours - Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Hours - Sunday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Description A beautiful and unique space. The State Dining Room has hosted UNC-Chapel Hill's most honored visitors. the dining area is both elegant and intimate, with a crystal chandelier casting a warm glow on dark paneling and new plush carpet. Glass enclosed Terraces extend from the dining area through the South and North doorways providing views of Franklin Street and campus.
- Largest Room 1500
- Total Sq. Ft. 4300
- Reception Capacity 250
- Space Notes In order to book the State Dining Room you must become an individual supporter of Morehead Planetarium and Science Center and donate $2500. There is also a room rental fee. However, combined cost is very affordable for a Chapel Hill unique venue. Not available weekdays during the summer. Must use approved caterer list.
- Banquet Capacity 150
- Number of Rooms 3