Chapel Hill Transit
Chapel Hill Transit provides public transportation throughout the Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and UNC community. The system is fare-free.
Chapel Hill Transit also operates the Monday-Friday Route 420: Hillsborough-Chapel Hill which serves north Hillsborough, downtown Hillsborough, Durham Tech Orange Co. Campus, downtown Chapel Hill, and UNC Hospitals. Plan your trip on gotriangle.org.
Orange Public Transportation
Office is open Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm. 919.245.2008. Transit options include public bus routes, pick-up and drop-off for the disabled and elderly, and transportation to senior centers. The Orange Bus provides transportation to locations within and outside Orange County.
Hillsborough Circulator Bus
The Hillsborough Circulator Bus provided by the Town of Hillsborough and Orange County, runs Monday-Friday, 8am––5pm, with 23 stops around town.
Triangle Transit operates regional bus and shuttle service, paratransit services, ridematching, vanpools, provides commuter resources, and an emergency ride home program for the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area. Plan your trip on www.gotriangle.org.
Tar Heel Express
Bus service is provided by Chapel Hill Transit to UNC home basketball and football games, and other major events on campus. The round-trip fare is $5, and a one-way ticket is $3.
Park & Ride Lots to and from Kenan Memorial Stadium:
- Friday Center (off NC Hwy 54 East): 3 hours before and 45 minutes after games
- 103 Airport Drive/UNC Facilities Lot:): 3 hours before and 45 minutes after games
- Jones Ferry Rd: 90 minutes before and 45 minutes after games
- Southern Village (off US Highway 15.501 South): 90 minutes before and 45 minutes after games
Park & Ride Lots to and from the Dean E. Smith Center. All shuttle buses run 90 minutes before and
45 minutes after games:
- Those listed under Football
- Downtown Chapel Hill at Carolina Coffee Shop (no parking provided)
Taxi companies that service Orange County