Back to Previous

Morehead-Patterson Memorial Bell Tower

South Rd and Stadium Dr | Chapel Hill, NC 27599
(919) 962-1630

The tower (with hedge, lawn and flowers created by botany professor William C. Coker) was designed by McKim, Mead & White and given to the University in 1930 by John Motley Morehead III and Rufus Lenior Patterson. It is 172 ft. tall, and its 10-bell carlllon calls students to classes, provides twilight music and serenades football crowds departing the adjacent Kenan Memorial Stadium. (photo courtesy UNC)

Facility Info