The Horace William House is the only historic house open to the public in Chapel Hill. The house retains its original architecture including woodwork, floors, ceilings, and mantles. They have a collection of antique furniture, including a set of four chairs and a newly acquired settee that once belonged to Horace Williams. They offer self-guided tours of the house, including an exhibit about the history of those who lived there. They also have a number of self-guided walking tours of the surrounding community, which you can pick up free of charge at the Horace Williams House. Explore the historic district along East Franklin Street, wander the Old Chapel Hill Cemetery, and more.
- Parking Information: Free on-site parking. Depending on Tour destinations, parking may have a fee.
- Restrooms On-site:
- Admission Information: Tours are given by appointment for groups of 4 or more. Suggested donation is $5/pp
- Hours - Thursday: 12pm-4pm
- Hours - Friday: 12pm-4pm
- Hours - Sunday: 2pm-5pm
- Description Set in the heart of Chapel Hill’s historic district the Horace Williams House is the perfect location for your special event. Original and distinctive, this1840’s Greek Revival home is traditional and elegant. Towering oaks and majestic magnolias tower over the home’s two acres, which borders historic Franklin Street near downtown Chapel Hill. Be it a wedding ceremony, a company party, meeting or an anniversary celebration, we will be happy to help craft the perfect event.
- Space Notes Free parking onsite for 35 cars. Use of kitchen. 50 person capacity seated dining. 75 person capacity cocktail party. 150 person capacity outdoors under tent.