Historic Playmakers Theatre
Built in 1851 as Smith Hall, this Greek-revival structure was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1974. It was designed by renowned 19th century architect Alexander Jackson Davis. During the Civil War, the Union Army briefly stabled horses here. Originally built as a library and ballroom, it served briefly for classes and was converted to a theater in 1924, the first state university building dedicated to American folk dramatic art.
- Parking Information: Pay parking within close proximity