Whether you’re looking for great family-style dining, a take-out meal to share at home, a picnic basket to go, or sauces and spreads from the general store, Mama Dip’s is the place to find delicious country cooking. Since 1976, Mama Dip’s has been a Chapel Hill favorite, and Mama Dip’s two cookbooks have been praised by some of the most famous chefs and food writers in the world.
Dining & Entertainment-Dining
- Group Dining:
- Family Friendly:
- Takeout Available:
- Outdoor Dining:
- Count On Me NC Certified:
- BIPOC Businesses/Attractions:
- Hours - Thursday: 8:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Hours - Friday: 8:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Hours - Saturday: 8:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Hours - Sunday: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Hours - Monday: 8:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Hours - Tuesday: 8:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Hours - Wednesday: 8:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Description Located on Rosemary Street, Mama Dips restaurant is known for true southern cooking. Mildred Council, AKA Mama Dip, started her first restaurant in 1976 and is now famous for her appearances on Good Morning America, QVC and the Food Network. She has also been featured in Southern Living and in the New York Times. The cozy semi-private room is available to host small parties and social events for up to 45 guests.