Check out our top five events happening in the area this month that you won’t want to miss:
- See Steep Canyon Rangers play (1/12; 1/13): A Carolina band to the core, Steep Canyon Rangers is one of the best bluegrass bands around. See this Grammy Award-winning group play at Carolina Performing Arts, Chapel Hill in mid-January. You’ll regret it if you don’t. (Header photo Carolina Performing Arts)
- Attend the Martin Luther King Jr. celebration (1/18): Orange County is one of the most progressive and inclusive communities in the state, so it’s only fitting that we hold one of the best celebrations in the state to honor the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. Hear U.S. Attorney General, Loretta Lynch speak at the MLK Celebration Keynote Lecture and Award Ceremony on January 18.
- Enjoy Art Walk Last Fridays (1/26): If you’re looking for something a little more leisure, Hillsborough’s art walk on the last Friday of the month is the perfect fix. On January 26, visit the ENO Gallery, Arts Council Gallery and more to get the full art scene experience.
- Spend the evening with Lloyd Cole (1/27): Get a chance to see the legendary singer, songwriter and musician, Lloyd Cole at one of Carrboro’s best music halls, Cat’s Cradle. Playing a two-set show, you’ll hear all the hits from one of the industry’s best performers.
- Take in the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater (1/30; 1/31): This will be a treat unlike any other: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater celebrates the uniqueness of the African-American cultural experience while highlighting the American modern dance heritage. See the live performance at Carolina Performing Arts at the end of January. (Photo source)